SLM technology assessment (gap analysis)
Magnitude has created a comprehensive assessment that provides clients feedback within ten dimensions of their organization to improve their service offering, gain a competitive advantage and grow their AM business. The results are delivered at the end of the engagement to the client in the form of an extensive report with concrete action steps. A brief overview of the assessment dimensions is given below.
Target group: Management, Process, Quality, Production or Application Engineers
Format: 2 days, 100% workshops
- Data handling - analysis of the data flow and job preparation
- Powder Control - review of powders and best practices to maximize powder performance
- AM volume production - overview of job preparation and machine servicing procedures
- Post-processing - understanding the influence of heat treatment, milling, and polishing steps on final part properties
- Quality - quality assurance of the AM process and integration of the quality management system
- Research & Development - analysis of R&D targets and missing procedures and hardware for meeting them
- Outsourcing - procedures for outsourcing operations and how to ensure quality work at suppliers
- Marketing - feedback on brand touchpoints and how to differentiate your offering in AM.
- Sales - how to integrate the sales organization within the technical organization and streamline the communication between them.
- Strategy - feedback on how to improve the company AM strategy execution.
With over 100 projects with OEMs, tier-1 suppliers and SMEs in Europe and North America completed, Magnitude has the experience to support clients in their production needs as well as understanding what their customers require in AM.
mobile: +44 7376 420017